Over the weekend Chris asked me to bake him a cake. One of his favorites is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting...yum. I wanted to do something a bit creative with it and I've always loved the pop of color from sprinkles against chocolate frosting. This turned out really well and Chris was super impressed. I thought this was a great way to kick off A Month of Cake...lots of yummy and fun stuff around the corner.
1. Start by frosting your cake.
2. Place parchment paper stencil in the center of cake. I simply folded a piece of parchment paper in half and cut out half a heart to make a full heart.
3. Shake sprinkles onto cake.
4. After a about half of the heart is complete, pat down with your finger to ensure sprinkles are sticking to the frosting.
5. Repeat for the other half of the heart.
6. Carefully lift the parchment paper from the cake. The frosting will be messy but just smooth it out.
And you're all done. I loved the way it came out. I think it would work out really great with large numbers or letters. Let me know if you give it a try. #sobdamonthofcake