3.12.2015

Watercolor Nail Tutorial

 As you may know, I've been playing around with watercolor lately practicing painting and lettering. I usually wake up pretty early on the weekends and that's how I like to spend my mornings while Chris is still sound asleep. This past weekend the idea of using watercolor on my nails just popped into my head and so I gave it a try. I was really excited to see that it worked. I've been wearing this on my nails for the past two days and have been loving it! Whenever I'm at work it just reminds me of the creative artsy side of me and that makes me happy. 
 1. Start off by painting your nails with a white polish.
2. Dip a paint brush in some water and then squeeze out the excess water. You only want the brush to be slightly wet.
3. Dip brush into watercolor. Since the brush is just wet enough to pick up some color, I found that it helped to push the brush down with my finger to press it down into the paint to pick up the pigment.
4. Brush strokes onto your nail. It should only take about 30 seconds to a minute for the watercolor to dry. If the brush is too wet, you will see that the watercolor goes onto the nail as beads of water. If that happens, just pinch out the excess water from the brush, dip back into paint, and apply to nail.
5. Let the paint dry and then add on more layers of color to your preference.
6. Once the watercolor is completely dry, top with a clear coat.
All done!!!!
If you try this let me know. Tag your pics on instagram with #sobdlife
xoxo erica

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this is so pretty and perfect for spring! I need to do my nails this weekend...

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great nails, they look so oryginal!

    Check out my latest post:
    http://alanja.blogspot.com/2015/03/shdiy-owe-spodnie-w-krate.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so neat! I really wanna try it. Love your creativity.
    Juli xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams